I bought some of these because mrmopar wrote about them and I thought they looked just too cool for words. The price was pretty reasonable too. Anyway, they arrived this morning and I am now sipping one.

The blurb says to steep on plait in a cup of boiling water for a minute. I opted to set my kettle to just below boiling and threw one plait into a 200ml pot. I left it for two minutes because the liquor was so pale and I thought it should have time to develop a bit. Then I started to worry that I had overdone it, so I poured and sipped. The liquor is actually a very pale green. The wet leaf smells strongly of honey. The tea itself hits me with a smoky edge first followed by the citrus flavour. It’s good. It does not scream puerh to me, but it is a very drinkable tea. I shall now have to experiment with this one a bit more to see what else I can get from it.

mrmopar

Glad you liked this one. it is a surprising one for sure. Hope the vendor was good to you. They always ship and do things well.

Roughage

Yes, I had good service. I am always wary of sellers that I have not used before, but I took your previous comments about them on trust and was rewarded with tea delivered in a timely fashion and well-packaged. Thank you for that.

Comments

mrmopar

Roughage