I really liked the Oriental Beauty I bought from Canton Tea Co back when I first started buying from them. It was expensive but was absolutely lovely, so I bought a tin of this from Teavivre with some trepidation. After all, how could this cheaper tea live up to my previous experience?

So, the first steeping was not good. Too much leaf and steeped for too long. It had a metallic edge to it that I have noticed with oolongs when I get the steeping wrong. Not particularly pleasant and certainly not the delicate honeyed notes I was hoping for.

The second steeping went much better. It was like honeysuckle nectar: floral, sweet, light with apricot or peach notes. The third steep went equally well, and has left me feeling very pleased that I have a whole tin left in the cupboard awaiting my attentions. This is a tea that belongs permanently in my cupboard for when the mood takes me.