I was gifted this sample by a fellow Steepsterite who prefers to remain anonymous. Thank you, anonymous friend.

After drinking the Teavivre 2006 Fenqing Sheng for most of yesterday, it finally ran out in the early evening so I decided to drink a shou for a change. I was struck by how thick and dark it was: a really rich red-black colour. It had a creamy mouthfeel and a very earthy taste with a citrussy copper tang that was not unpleasant. Its real strength was in the aftertaste which was woody and lasted well. There was no bitterness and little sweetness, just a strong, mellow tea. There did not seem to be much depth of flavour either. Still, it is a very pleasant drinkable tea. I shall probably not buy any of this for myself, but I would never turn it down if someone offered it to me.

Flavors: Wet Earth, Wood