I was really looking forward to this after having a yellow tea in Shanghai many years ago. I had not seen any since, so it was with great anticipation that I made a pot. The vegetal note was immediately evident when I sniffed the aroma. I drank a bit and let it swirl around my mouth. The tea did not disappoint. As I held it in my mouth the flavour developed: slightly grassy, sweet and slightly nutty making my taste buds tingle for a while after swallowing. Lovely. Although it did not blow me away the way the Anji Bai Cha did, it is definitely among my favourites and I would highly recommend it. I made my pot at 75 degrees with four teaspoons of leaf for 400ml of water and brewed it for 2 minutes.

So, I made the first cup and wrote the notes. I then followed it up with a second steeping, which my wife tried and she commented that it was really citrusy. She also drank most of that cup! I managed to get half a dozen steepings out of the pot without any great loss in flavour, increasing the length of time I steeped it for a little each time until the last one was three minutes. This is a cracking good tea and is on my repeat list now.