Backlog 9 January 2017

I can see how this can be appealing to some due to the boost of energy that comes packed with it; however, I had to force myself to drink it. Maybe I brewed it improperly (200 F at 3 minutes), but it was very bitter.

Kristal

Usually I do 185F for 3ish min for mate . Hope that helps!

S.G. Sanders

Wow, that can probably change the way this tastes in the future. Thank you. Maybe I’ll brew it at that temp/time tomorrow.

Good luck!

Comments

Kristal

Usually I do 185F for 3ish min for mate . Hope that helps!

S.G. Sanders

Good luck!

I’ve been drinking quality teas for a couple of years. It all began in college when an old roommate introduced me to loose leaf teas.

I figured that it’s time to have a place to go to, where I can share my thoughts and opinions with others on teas; while expanding my palate and learn about new teas from others.

As C.S. Lewis once said, “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.”

A little bit about me: I’m a writer, an avid hiker, a poet, a teacher, a tea drinker, and I like collecting books. I enjoy the journey in the woods—the calm of the river and/or creek as it carries itself along the woods. I love people, and I enjoy conversations and meeting others to talk about books, tea, etc.

Rating Scale:

0-69 is below average (never try/buy again)

70-85 is average (glad I tried it, but will never buy it).

86-100 is beyond average (I want more).

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s.g_sanders1/

PS. I really like oolong (Dancong, Alishan, Bug Bitten, etc), Sheng, & shou puerh.

Northeast Ohio