I’m not sure that this is the same tea that I’m drinking. It’s an Iron Arhat from Jk Tea, kindly swapped/given by Phi.

Anyway, this tea is good. However, I cannot place words to how good it is because it literally blew my mind. I pleaded with the wife to try this and tell me what she thought. We both pondered as we sipped, unsure what to call it (the taste).

So….We both came to the conclusion that it smells like collard greens & overcooked (not burnt) rice pudding. The flavor reminded us of rice pudding with caramelized/crystallized sugar from the raisins, with a hint of burnt popcorn.

Maybe that’s not correct, but it is 1 A.M. and I’m tired. Perhaps I’ll give this another go in the A.M., once I’ve rested and have had lucid dreams where I allow myself to escape the confines of Wonka’s hellish factory (a dream series in which I’ve been having lately) via the Wonkavator; that doesn’t go out and beyond, but further in….(Seriously, tea before bed results in fascinating, but very terrifying dreams; which my mind must solve an endless nightly puzzle as to how I must escape Wonka’s factory; or how I must compose the greatest musical about a story I’m currently working on about a boy who saves the world in a way in which I cannot disclose because it involves me exposing the story entirely).

Anyway, time for bed now….More to come soon….?

Flavors: Popcorn, Raisins, Rice Pudding, Sweet

Matu

Ooh I got some from Phi too. now I need to try it!

S.G. Sanders

Let me know what you thought of it. It’s too complex at 1 A.M. to pinpoint one or several exact flavors. haha

:P Will do

Daylon R Thomas

You too? I’ve had a dream where I was with a young Elizabeth the second shooting zombies with a lock on game cam after drinking tea, binge-watching crown, and drinking some oolong…never mind the Queen herself drinks Twinings breakfast only with cream.

Phi

Yay I am glad you like it! I think it was the 2014 version I sent . but it should be the same tea as this.

Daylon,
Problem is, I don’t know why I’m trying to escape Wonka’s factory. That’s the mystery of it all, I suppose. Run from the Ompalompas, take the Wonkavator to the next level, and keep running.

Phi,
Whatever year it is, I really like it. Thank you again!

Comments

Matu

Ooh I got some from Phi too. now I need to try it!

:P Will do

Daylon R Thomas

Phi

Daylon,

Phi,
Whatever year it is, I really like it. Thank you again!

I’ve been drinking quality teas for a couple of years. It all began in college when an old roommate introduced me to loose leaf teas.

I figured that it’s time to have a place to go to, where I can share my thoughts and opinions with others on teas; while expanding my palate and learn about new teas from others.

As C.S. Lewis once said, “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.”

A little bit about me: I’m a writer, an avid hiker, a poet, a teacher, a tea drinker, and I like collecting books. I enjoy the journey in the woods—the calm of the river and/or creek as it carries itself along the woods. I love people, and I enjoy conversations and meeting others to talk about books, tea, etc.

Rating Scale:

0-69 is below average (never try/buy again)

70-85 is average (glad I tried it, but will never buy it).

86-100 is beyond average (I want more).

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s.g_sanders1/

PS. I really like oolong (Dancong, Alishan, Bug Bitten, etc), Sheng, & shou puerh.

Northeast Ohio