Oh my gosh this is a weird Sencha! At least compared to the ones I’ve had so far.

I made it 2g to 2oz, 180 degrees, 10 sec

It is VERY strong. There is a bitter green taste to it, kind of like brussel sprouts or the peel of a zucchini. Usually I find bitter to be bad, most senchas I’ve have a bitterness that puts me off to some extent… This isn’t that type of bitter. It is in the roof of the mouth and back half of the tongue. I gives the sip a wow factor

It’s strong and very dark green in flavor, and it has a silky nature to it. A light amount of astringency. A refreshing factor.

This, after their Sakura Sencha, is my favorite Sencha I’ve had yet.

Note to those who read my reviews:

I only about a year ago learned I have synesthesia and that is why I’ve always wrote my reviews primarily in colors. Clearly, if you’ve read any recently, that’s still how I write most of the time as that’s still how I best describe flavors. Today I realized that may be worth putting out there for folks who come across my reviews.
Moving on:

Unless otherwise noted, I use 2.25g of tea to 6oz of water for my tastings.

Geeky, vegan, dominant, serious, non-gendered, childfree, eclectic, alternatively-styled, friendly and open-minded are good descriptors of me, I think. Also: extremely introverted, but not at all shy.

I grew up on bag teas, mainly Lipton, at my father’s and great-grandmother’s homes. I loved getting up before everyone else and sitting with a hot cup and reading or watching some quiet tv in the morning.

I didn’t bother much with tea for the years of my teenhood because of no longer seeing either of these people and my mother’s house wasn’t one for tea… more coffee drinkers, instead.

During my adulthood I started drinking it again, but still mostly bag teas like Lipton, Tetley, and some herbal mixes. I enjoyed these but went no further…

…until I was at a restaurant one night and ordered a Darjeeling tea to give it a try.

I fell back in love with tea and have since been trying all sorts of loose leaf and some bag teas.

I’m currently delving mainly into white teas, but my tastes wander.

Not sure what else to say here… if you like my notes or are interested in chatting about something, do feel free to send a note. I love meeting new folks, especially since we share at least one interest, being on this site and all.

NYC