This tea has an odd vegetal aroma…it smells like peas, actually. The taste is all tea, however, and is incredibly round and smooth, not bitter at all, and does have a slight sweetness as described on the Harney & Sons website. This is a pretty darn good cup of tea! It tastes great without milk or sugar but also takes both well.

I am a writer, musician, and aspiring tea aficionado. I have been enjoying tea and reading about tea for a little over a decade now. I am particularly interested in the role of tea in contemplative spirituality. Currently I am sampling my way through a variety of teas just to keep my palate fresh and knowledgeable. I do prefer certain teas, but I keep my mind open to new possibilities and enjoy finding fresh, new tea flavors to add to my list of favorites. I am hoping my participation here will help me gain new knowledge and new friends who share a passion for tea.

Virginia