The scent of ginger is noticeable very shortly after pouring the water onto the leaves. When steeping is complete the aroma is mild but spicy, with what seems like a hint of cinnamon, evoking memories of mulled wine at Christmastide. When tasted the ginger came through more than the peach, and the overall flavor was smooth and subtle. A little sugar helped awaken the flavor, bringing the peach and ginger out a little more and balancing the two. A little added cream changed the flavor again and reminded me at once of a good, creamy chai or a hot toddy. With or without cream, I would recommend just a little sugar to fully awaken the flavor. This is a delightful tea, and I’m already thinking of what it might be like with a little nip of brandy and a cinnamon stick at the holidays.

I am a writer, musician, and aspiring tea aficionado. I have been enjoying tea and reading about tea for a little over a decade now. I am particularly interested in the role of tea in contemplative spirituality. Currently I am sampling my way through a variety of teas just to keep my palate fresh and knowledgeable. I do prefer certain teas, but I keep my mind open to new possibilities and enjoy finding fresh, new tea flavors to add to my list of favorites. I am hoping my participation here will help me gain new knowledge and new friends who share a passion for tea.

Virginia