This tea has an interesting aroma; it’s not quite fruity, not quite floral, and almost vanilla. The flavor is a subtle, slightly sour cranberry taste with a very light, almost unnoticeable almond finish. It also seems to taste a little like vanilla. Cream and sugar soften the sourness and bring out the almond a little more. I would personally prefer the almond flavor to be a little more pronounced, but I’m not a big fan of cranberry. I’d be delighted if Harney & Sons offered a tea with just almond flavoring (hint, hint, Harneys!). My preferences aside, I think this is indeed a good tea for cranberry lovers.

I am a writer, musician, and aspiring tea aficionado. I have been enjoying tea and reading about tea for a little over a decade now. I am particularly interested in the role of tea in contemplative spirituality. Currently I am sampling my way through a variety of teas just to keep my palate fresh and knowledgeable. I do prefer certain teas, but I keep my mind open to new possibilities and enjoy finding fresh, new tea flavors to add to my list of favorites. I am hoping my participation here will help me gain new knowledge and new friends who share a passion for tea.

Virginia