drank Amaretto by DAVIDsTEA

I received this in a tea swap from Hapatite and made it for my Mom, because she absolutely loves amaretto!

Of course, I had to sample her cup and while the flavor isn’t my fave, I did enjoy it. I steeped this at 208 degrees for 5 minutes. It smells like almond, and it tastes like almond. Truth in advertising!

I added about a tsp of rock sugar b/c my Mom does NOT drink unsweetened anything. The almond flavor was nice, but the tea still needed a little something. I went rummaging in the cupboard and found the perfect thing: a shot of amaretto liquor.

Now that’s a cup of tea! Mom loved it!

hapatite

Amaretto liquor?! Awesome

Sarsonator

I’m totally not above putting booze in my tea. :)

Comments

hapatite

Amaretto liquor?! Awesome

Sarsonator

I’m totally not above putting booze in my tea. :)

I live in PA and I enjoy tea. I also make and drink both wine and beer. Someday I want to be completely self-sufficient.

I’m also a practical vegan. This means that I never eat meat, and do my very best to avoid products with animal ingredients, but I’m human and I not only make mistakes, but in some very occasional situations, I intentionally may consume something containing said ingredients. I make the best choice I can, when presented with all my options.

I like: Dr. Who, shengs, dark beer, dark teas, my three dogs, oolongs, springtime, barbecues, sunshine, industrial music, happy things, men with beards, science, and learning new things.

I dislike: politics, politicians, inequality, the Vegan Police, teas that are flavored with mint or melon, heavily cinnaBLARGH teas, and anti-intellectualism.

Rating Scale (Stolen from Cam B), effective 7/25/14: