Method: 1.5 tsp, 8 oz, 205 degrees, 5 minutes, Forlife brew in mug steeper, Dr. Who mug (duh)

Dry Leaf Aroma: Smells like earl grey

Brewing Aroma: Bergamot and cream

Flavor: Maybe I just don’t like bergamot in tea anymore. The bergamot is certainly present, but very mild. I expected to like this MORE than regular earl greys, but I just found the bergamot to be off-putting.

I also made this as a cold brew, and liked it much better.

As a tea, a person who likes earl greys should appreciate this one. I didn’t find it to be very River Song-ish. A fandom blend for the notorious River Song should be spicy, IMO!

carol who

It absolutely should be spicy! I mean River Song!! That girl is hot and spicy!

Sarsonator

Totally. A River Song Blend should be a black tea with ginger and peppercorns, or maybe chocolate and cayenne. Definitely NOT something for the faint of heart!

Comments

carol who

It absolutely should be spicy! I mean River Song!! That girl is hot and spicy!

Sarsonator

According to some, I live the life of a mentally-unhinged misogynistic feminist. It’s a new breed of awesome and I hope to share the path to enlightenment through my unique contradictory mindset.

I use tea to bridge the gap between the two extremes and to temporarily re-hinge my mind. All the puerh in my possession takes on immense energy from both my feminist and misogynistic ways, leading to a perfect balance of yin and yang energy, centering me.

Harrisburg, PA