Method: 1 tbsp, 8 oz, 190 degrees, 3 minutes, French Press

Dry Leaf Aroma: This smells like sweetened malt, with a very pleasant hint of whiskey.

Flavor: This is a very good tea. I may try a bit more leaf next time, because I like a stronger flavor, but I was quite happy with this one. It has a very pronounced sweetness, with no bitterness. Astringency is very light. I often find that many teas are either not malty, or very strongly malty. This tea tasted malty to me, but it was a very quiet flavor that blended nicely with the natural sweetness of the tea. I picked up on some floral notes, but I couldn’t specify which ones. There was a little fruitiness on the end of the sip also. This tea has something for everyone!

TheTeaFairy

I love this type of tea, might try my sample today!

Sarsonator

So, TTF… did you try any of the GTT teas? Nevermind, I’ll just go look at your page :p

Comments

TheTeaFairy

I love this type of tea, might try my sample today!

Sarsonator

I live in PA and I enjoy tea. I also make and drink both wine and beer. Someday I want to be completely self-sufficient.

I’m also a practical vegan. This means that I never eat meat, and do my very best to avoid products with animal ingredients, but I’m human and I not only make mistakes, but in some very occasional situations, I intentionally may consume something containing said ingredients. I make the best choice I can, when presented with all my options.

I like: Dr. Who, shengs, dark beer, dark teas, my three dogs, oolongs, springtime, barbecues, sunshine, industrial music, happy things, men with beards, science, and learning new things.

I dislike: politics, politicians, inequality, the Vegan Police, teas that are flavored with mint or melon, heavily cinnaBLARGH teas, and anti-intellectualism.

Rating Scale (Stolen from Cam B), effective 7/25/14: