Method: 6 g, 6 oz, 205 degrees, 15 and 25 seconds, yixing

This is quite lovely, like a sweet grape whisper. I did two steepings and blended them into my mug. The aroma and flavors were lovely, but very quiet. I did a 3rd steeping for about 35 seconds. This is way too long. Don’t do it. LOL. The tea became bitter at this point.

Stick to very short steeps, and this has a lot to offer!

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 6 OZ / 177 ML
mrmopar

You have become a Shengaholic…

I learned it by watching you, mrm :p

TheTeaFairy

She’s also a fashengista mrmopar.

MzPriss

morning sheng!

mmmmm sheng!!!

Cheri

mmmm….sounds delicious. I think I will switch to sheng.

Cameron B.

Lol, like a sweet grape whisper… I love it. :)

:p Cambot

ashmanra

Oooooo.

Cameron B.

Between the Mandala $5 sampler and TeaVivre’s free samples, I find myself the owner of a lot of puerh, all of a sudden. I guess I’ll have to start cracking. :P

Comments

mrmopar

You have become a Shengaholic…

I learned it by watching you, mrm :p

TheTeaFairy

She’s also a fashengista mrmopar.

MzPriss

morning sheng!

mmmmm sheng!!!

Cheri

mmmm….sounds delicious. I think I will switch to sheng.

Cameron B.

Lol, like a sweet grape whisper… I love it. :)

:p Cambot

ashmanra

Oooooo.

Cameron B.

I live in PA and I enjoy tea. I also make and drink both wine and beer. Someday I want to be completely self-sufficient.

I’m also a practical vegan. This means that I never eat meat, and do my very best to avoid products with animal ingredients, but I’m human and I not only make mistakes, but in some very occasional situations, I intentionally may consume something containing said ingredients. I make the best choice I can, when presented with all my options.

I like: Dr. Who, shengs, dark beer, dark teas, my three dogs, oolongs, springtime, barbecues, sunshine, industrial music, happy things, men with beards, science, and learning new things.

I dislike: politics, politicians, inequality, the Vegan Police, teas that are flavored with mint or melon, heavily cinnaBLARGH teas, and anti-intellectualism.

Rating Scale (Stolen from Cam B), effective 7/25/14: