Today I felt like I couldn’t catch a break. Things that could go wrong did go wrong. So when I finally got home, I was ready to shake the suck off this day, sit down, relax and have some delicious sheng. Unfortunately, this was not a delicious sheng.

It has a lightly smoky aroma and I do pick up a little fruit here and there. But the taste… MAN. That is BITTER! I’m scared it might put hair on my chest!

Here are some pics of our time together –

I didn’t think this would be so bitter, considering that the tea leaves are from 2007. This one is going into the cabinet to age for a LONG time, and I have moved on to the lovely Sleeping Bear from WP.

Note: This was my second “mystery” tea from Slovakia. You win some, you lose some! Some you may win in a few more years, with aging! With some luck! :)

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 6 OZ / 177 ML
mj

Goldie looks so pretty on the flower saucer though :). I hope tomorrow is better!

Sarsonator

Thanks, mj! Tomorrow will absolutely be better!!!! :)

AllanK

I always find that the solution to bad tea is to steep some tea you already know is good.

Cheri

I had one of those days, too. I made myself feel better by ordering tea.

Marzipan

That saucer rocks.

TheTeaFairy

Feel better soon poor darling…

And Allan, I like that solution!

Sarsonator

Allan – that’s just what I did! :)
Marz – thanks! It’s actually a ring dish, but it seemed to work nicely here.
Cheri – sorry yours was bad too. Today will be better!!!! What did ya order?
TTF – I woke up early, probably because I went to bed so early. Gonna try to sleep another hour. I feel better already!

Cheri

I ordered a bunch of Whispering Pines tea. River Rain was my comfort tea yesterday that I finished, and Brenden added it back in stock when I said it was probably a good thing it was out because I would have ordered it. I also got Yabao and Cocoa Amore. (The CA was a second order after realizing how little I have left.)

Yum… love cocoa amore!

Comments

mj

Sarsonator

Thanks, mj! Tomorrow will absolutely be better!!!! :)

AllanK

Cheri

I had one of those days, too. I made myself feel better by ordering tea.

Marzipan

That saucer rocks.

TheTeaFairy

Feel better soon poor darling…

And Allan, I like that solution!

Sarsonator

Allan – that’s just what I did! :)
Marz – thanks! It’s actually a ring dish, but it seemed to work nicely here.
Cheri – sorry yours was bad too. Today will be better!!!! What did ya order?

Yum… love cocoa amore!

I live in PA and I enjoy tea. I also make and drink both wine and beer. Someday I want to be a tea farmer. I’m also a practical vegan. This means that I never eat meat, and I do my best with the rest.

I like: Dr. Who, shengs, dark beer, dark teas, my three dogs, shous, springtime, barbecues, sunshine, industrial music, happy things, men with beards, science, and expressions of joy.

I dislike: politics, politicians, inequality, the Vegan Police, teas that are flavored with mint or melon, heavily cinnaBLARGH teas, trolls, bullies, and anti-intellectualism.

ALL YOUR TEAS ARE BELONG TO US.

Harrisburg, PA