drank Earl Grey by Tea Forte

I’m backlogging this tea right now. It’s been a while since I’ve had a cup of this. It is a little tricky to brew this using certain filters, as some of the CTC tea mixed in can fall through.

Leaf Quality:
Some of the leaves are CTC, and others are whole. There is a pretty even mix of both. Cornflowers are also present. It smells amazing. The leaves have a very refreshing Bergamot scent, along with a very aromatic floral quality already present in the base teas. The brewed leaves smelled malty, floral, and still of Bergamot.

Brewed Tea:
The brewed tea smelled rather different than the leaves. The cornflowers had more of a presence. The Bergamot wasn’t as prevalent, but the Assam qualities were. It tasted somewhat brisk at first. The color was a nice red-brown. It’s difficult to discern some of the characteristics of the base tea, as the Bergamot has been added.

The briskness of this tea surprised me. I don’t remember it being as strong. For this reason, I shortened by steeping time considerably from 4 minutes to less than three. Beforehand, the brew was a little bitter. Afterwards, it was much better. I could taste every element of the tea. I also noticed it was naturally sweet.

This was a very good tea to have this Saturday morning, despite the fringe steep times. I’ll be drinking this, when reading the rest of The Man in the Iron Mask.

Jared Sharp
I love drinking and reviewing tea. Green, Oolong, Black, White, Yellow, Dark, Pu-erh… It’s all great. In particular, my favorites are Taiping Hou Kui, and Aged Teas.

I’m currently in California, and started my interest in tea at a very young age. Ever since, I’ve looked for exotic, rare, and even newly-developed teas to try.

It doesn’t end there: I’ll try just about any tea new to me that crosses my path.

I typically brew tea in a traditional manner (different teas require different steeping times and water temperatures, ect…). Whichever directions are on the packaging or website, I tend to follow as well.

I’m also building a private collection of Pu-Erh teas and teas good for Aging. Hopefully, they’ll turn out nice.

Companies: If you are looking for a reviewer for tea, I would be happy to sample any of the teas you offer.

Message me for Sample swapping.

California