I just received this tea today. I ordered 3 cakes (1 to try and two to age). They also sent samples along with this for me to try. This is the first Moonlight White tea I’ve tried.

Leaf Quality:
The tea cake was very beautiful. There were nice browns, black-greens, whites and yellows. The dry leaves had a very faint scent that I couldn’t fully discern. The wet leaves, however, smelled very fruity, sweet, and floral. There was a slight hint of banana among the floral aroma. The leaves didn’t change color much in the short brew time.

Brewed Tea:
The brewed tea was very light in color; clear golden-yellow. The scent was also light, and smelled floral, sweet, and a tiny bit earthy. The taste was much the same as the scent, with a very nectar-like aftertaste. What a silky-smooth tea!
Second Steeping
This was more sweet and fruity than the first steeping. It was absolutely delicious. The fruit was more of a peach or plum now.

I really liked this tea. I hope the other two will age well. It had great character. Hopefully soon I’ll get better, as this cold is lasting a while.

Bonnie

Lucky you!

Scharp

I know! This is a wonderful tea. It hits all the right notes.

Ze_Teamaker

How did you order from them? Their web site is a bit confusing…

No problem.

Comments

Bonnie

Lucky you!

Scharp

I know! This is a wonderful tea. It hits all the right notes.

Ze_Teamaker

How did you order from them? Their web site is a bit confusing…

No problem.

Jared Sharp
I love drinking and reviewing tea. Green, Oolong, Black, White, Yellow, Dark, Pu-erh… It’s all great. In particular, my favorites are Taiping Hou Kui, and Aged Teas.

I’m currently in California, and started my interest in tea at a very young age. Ever since, I’ve looked for exotic, rare, and even newly-developed teas to try.

It doesn’t end there: I’ll try just about any tea new to me that crosses my path.

I typically brew tea in a traditional manner (different teas require different steeping times and water temperatures, ect…). Whichever directions are on the packaging or website, I tend to follow as well.

I’m also building a private collection of Pu-Erh teas and teas good for Aging. Hopefully, they’ll turn out nice.

Companies: If you are looking for a reviewer for tea, I would be happy to sample any of the teas you offer.

Message me for Sample swapping.

California