The last chocolate and fruit tea I had was Mighty Leaf’s Celebration, which I really enjoyed, so I’m hoping this one will be equally nice. It’s billed as chocolate and raspberry , and I can see small pieces of milk chocolate, raspberry, and raspberry leaves in the mix. Dry, it smells divine. Very strongly of cocoa, but not so much of fruit. There is a slightly sweet raspberry scent underlying, though, so I’m encouraged so far.

I left this three minutes and added a splash of milk. The recommendation is five, but I’m slightly wary of the tea base in Adagio’s flavoured blacks, which I’ve found can get quite bitter. Less is more, at least to begin with.

Brewed, this tea smells even more strongly of cocoa. It’s quite sweet and dark, and pretty mouthwatering. The taste is, as you might expect, a slighty watered-down version of the smell. I can definetly detect milky chocolate, and a darker, more powdery note from the cocoa nibs. I can hardly find the raspberry at all, though. I suspect it might be contributing the slight sweetness I can taste on first sip, but it’s not prominent. On the whole, a pleasant experience. I’ll be experimenting a little to try and develop the raspberry a little more, though. That would make this tea truly pleasing.

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK