drank Graveyard Mist by 52teas

On the sixth day of Christmas, 52 Teas gave to me…Graveyard Mist!

This is one of the teas I’ve been wanting to try desperately, but which I only found out about after it was sold out. Cue much excitement, then, as I opened the sachet and discovered what it was!

I LOVE the smell. It’s cool and fresh, and it does make me think of a graveyard, strangely, either in the early morning or very late at night. Spearmint is the dominant scent, but there’s also a delicate sweetness from the marshmallow root.

To taste, much the same applies. The dominant note is again spearmint, but there’s a definite sweetness, stronger than I was expecting, from the marshmallow root. There’s also a hint of bitterness from the green tea base, but I have a feeling that might be my fault. I think the water was perhaps a bit too hot still when I added the tea. I don’t mind it at all, though; I actually think it complements the other flavours a little, and cuts through the sweetness of the mint and marshmallow root. I’ll be a little more careful next time, though, because I’d like to know whether that’s really the case or not.

I’m finding this an interesting tea, with an imaginative selection of ingredients. It’s very atmospheric, to say the least — perfect for this time of year!

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK