Third cup of Cotton Candy from my 12 Teas of Christmas sampler. I’ve probably got just enough left for one more cup. Sadly, because I’ve really enjoyed this one. I love the sweet, sugary, slightly alcoholic scent of the dry leaves, and I adore how, when brewed, it actually tastes like cotton candy. It takes me right back to childhood visits to the fair. It’s something I’ve not done in a long time, but every memory feels so close and real when I taste cotton candy (whatever form it takes). For me, a real sensory experience.

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 26, and I live in Norfolk in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norfolk, UK