The second of the samples from my second Bluebird order. This one smells beautifully herbal dry; sweet, floral and minty all at the same time. I can see whole chamomile flowers, pieces of liquorice root, and peppermint leaves among the dry mix, and it’s just so pretty to look at!

To taste, this isn’t quite as sweet as I feared. My last experience with a liquorice tea was Teapigs Liquorice and Peppermint, which is majorly sweet. I kept a close eye on this while it was brewing, but even so, this one is much more palatable. Chamomile is the dominant taste, followed by peppermint. It’s a combination I’ve tried before, and it’s by no means a bad one. The ginger is a bit lost, though. I was hoping I’d really be able to taste it, but it’s hard to pick out at all.

Apart from being less sweet than I thought it was going to be, this one isn’t really wowing me. It’s made me reconsider liquorice tea for the future, since I know now that they’re not all hellishly sweet. Chamomile and peppermint is a combination I’ve tried before, though, and there’s nothing particularly special about it here. If only the ginger was more discernible, then I think it would be really something. This probably isn’t one I’d buy for myself, but I’m glad to have had the opportunity to try it. Thank you, Bluebird!

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 26, and I live in Norfolk in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norfolk, UK