Another one I’ve had several cups of, but seem to have neglected to log. Strangely so, because I loved it from the first sip.

Dry, this smells quite strongly of cinnamon, with a definite hint of strawberry lurking in the background. I gave it 4 minutes in boiling water, and added a little milk. Brewed, the strawberry comes over much more clearly, as it does in the taste. The cinnamon is still a big part of the flavour, but it seems to mellow out a little and combine with the sweet, vanilla like aftertaste to create a flavour that really is reminiscent of pastry, or pie crust. It’s somehow buttery and bakey without being cloying, and the juicy, tart strawberry flavour finishes the whole thing off perfectly.

This is one I’m definitely going to enjoy drinking for many cups to come. It’s the perfect combination of fruit (that tastes surprisingly natural), spicing, and whatever magic it is that makes the pie crust taste emerge. A pleasure to drink!

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK