My last Harney & Sons sample, courtesy of Courtney. Dry, this has a very faint scent, maybe vaguely fruity but mostly black tea. It reminds me a bit of Adagio’s Cranberry, from their Holiday Cheer set, in that respect.

Brewed, this smells much more strongly of cranberry — it’s definitely cranberry that’s detectable now, rather than just “red fruit”. There’s also a pretty strong influence from the black tea base — it’s kind of sweet smelling and slightly malty, and it contrasts nicely with the tart, almost bittersweet cranberries.

In terms of taste, I feel much the same way as I do about the scent. It’s softer than I expected it to be, with the tart cranberry taking centre stage and the mellow, sweet base still a big part of the flavour, but in a purely complementary way. I think I expected this to taste bitter (maybe a memory from the Adagio!), so I’m pleasantly surprised that it’s not. This is a tea no doubt better suited to a brisk autumnal day, but it’s certainly been a pleasing cup tonight anyway. Thanks again to Courtney for sharing this with me!

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is not to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK