drank Smaug Tea by 52teas

Had a cup of this when I returned from lunch this afternoon. After I’d cleared the backlog of visitors in my reception, anyway. I’d been reading Dr No (I know, I know…), and I’d just got to the part when his “dragon” appears. To continue the theme, this seemed a fitting tea to start the afternoon off. I think this is actually only my second or third cup of this — my pouch is still pretty full. I like it just as much as I did last time I logged it, though. The cinnamon is sweet, the cayenne pepper spicy, and the dragonwell is a beautiful complement to both. Slightly vegetal, but not at all astringent. This tea really does make me think of dragons, somehow. The green tea for the dragon itself, the cinnamon for the fire, and the cayenne pepper for the smoke puffs that are obviously going to ensue. Evocative, this one. I love that in a tea!

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK