drank Alpine Punch by DAVIDsTEA

Last sample from Courtney. I was offered a temporary promotion at work this week, which starts when I get back from my holiday next week. Hence, I’m trying to clear my drawer of tea samples and the last little bits of packets so that I don’t have so much to carry home on Friday after I clear some space for my temporary replacement.

This is one of the samples that was in my drawer. Dry, this smells very strongly of marzipan — almost as if there was an actual block sitting there. It’s sweet and sugary, and it’s making me think of Christmas. Brewed, the scent is much the same. I’m not a huge marzipan fan, so I was getting a little worried, but oh my goodness. The taste. Almonds and marzipan are in there, but I can mostly taste cherry and coconut, with a gorgeous nuttiness in the background. The cinnamon and ginger come through mostly in the aftertaste, adding a little welcome warmth at the back of the throat. This would have been a great sample to have kept for winter, but I’m just as happy drinking it now. It tastes sort of like cherry almond cake — that’s the closest I can come to putting a description to the flavour — and there’s a wonderful hint of creaminess somewhere in there too. I’m a fussy thing when it comes to rooibos, but this is just gorgeous. There’s none of that brassy woodsiness I usually associate with rooibos, because the flavours are so clear and strong. Spot on! Now all I have to do is feel sad that I only had a one cup sample. Insert sad face here.

YAY! grats on the promotion even if it is temp, that’s fantastic news!

ashmanra

Tealizzy

Congrats!

Veronica

Scheherazade

Thank youuuu :) I’ve only been doing my current job for just over three months, so it came as a bit of a surprise. It’s nice to know I’ve made a good impression, though. The person whose job I’ll be covering just got a temporary promotion of her own, so we’ll all be back to normal in about two months. It’ll give me some experience I really need, though, as well as getting me off reception for a while. I’m very happy right now! :)

Comments

YAY! grats on the promotion even if it is temp, that’s fantastic news!

ashmanra

Tealizzy

Congrats!

Veronica

Scheherazade

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK