Sticking with the melon theme, I decided to give this one a try also. I haven’t logged it yet, as I messed the first cup up. The watermelon was there, but it was very weak and tasted mostly of water. I used a smaller cup this time, and extended the brew time to match that suggested. I was a little leery of leaving white tea all that long, but it’s just proof that I don’t always know best when it comes down to this sort of thing.

Anyway, my second cup was much better. In the bag, this smells quite strongly of watermelon, and the slightest amount floral. I waited for the water to cool, added the leaves, and gave it about 3 and a half, four minutes. I was rewarded with a cup of sweet, juicy, watermelon magic. The first sip seemed very sweet and almost candy-like, but it seemed to mellow out a little as it cooled further. The liquor is surprisingly pale, but the flavour is as strong as I could want it to be, with a lovely buttery undertone from the silver needle. I enjoyed the SBT Watermelon iced tea I drank at work a couple of weeks back, and the more recent David’s Tea Luscious Watermelon, but this beats both of them easily. Another one I’ll be taking to work with me tomorrow for when I’m in need of a treat. Super-lovely, amazing stuff. I do love Butiki.

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK