drank Cuba Libre Black Tea by 52teas

Cold-brewed tea of choice for my first day back at work. I think I may have underleafed a touch on this, as it’s a little weak tasting. Not bad for a first attempt, though. I can taste cola, a hint of lime, and maybe the slightest touch of rum. It certainly smells the part dry. When I first opened the packet it was overwhelmingly strong, so I’m pleased it’s not quite so pungent brewed. There’s just enough flavour to keep me happy, but I’ll attempt a bit more leaf and maybe slightly longer in the fridge next time. A perverse part of me would actually like to try this hot, but I think it’s really meant to be cold. Maybe in the winter (or maybe not, if I see sense before then!). It’s a perfect iced tea for the summer, though. I’d never cold-brewed a black tea before today, so I’m pleased with how this worked out. I did wonder if it would become astringent after 8 hours or so in the fridge, but it hasn’t at all. It’s smooth, and actually a pretty perfect base for the flavours. Definitely one I’ll be drinking again very soon!

Iced 8 min or more

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 26, and I live in Norfolk in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norfolk, UK