This one intrigued me when I first saw it on the 52teas site. It seemed such a unique combination that I knew I’d have to try it. As it turned out, this was my after lunch tea at work today. I treated it much as I would a plain white tea – about 2 minutes in water left to cool a little, which is as close to “180” as I can get without a thermometer. It’s certainly interesting – I wasn’t sure whether I liked it at first, but after a couple of sips I’m pretty sure I do.

Dry, it just smells odd. I can’t even describe what I’m smelling, I don’t think. Brewed, it’s sort of generically sweet, with a hint of fruitiness about it. To taste, the mango comes out most clearly. It’s juicy and slightly peppery, almost a perfect recreation of the real thing. I can just about taste the cucumber, but it comes out as a sweet and cleansing “fresh” flavour in the aftertaste more than anything. The combination is really striking, and the white base seems perfectly matched to the flavours. The thing I like most about this at the moment is that it smells beautiful as it starts to cool. Definitely one to try cold-brewed before the summer is over.

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK