Last Butiki sample for now, although I’ve got another order on the way…

I chose autumny teas with my last order, as that was basically my excuse for buying more tea when I still have…well, plenty. I added this as a sample, as I’m still not sold on pumpkin tea. I might have been, though, if this was the first one I’d tried. It’s gorgeous. I can immediately taste pumpkin, a hint of spice (mainly cinnamon, I think…), and CREAM. Even with no milk or sugar added, it really is reminiscent of creme brulee. The whole thing is perfectly balanced, with no one element overpowering the rest. How have I survived autumn without this tea? I know I won’t be able to now. I’ve got a packed of Pumpkin Milkshake coming, but I think I’m still going to have to grab a bag of this in the near future. The more Butiki teas I try, the more I love them. Amazing, amazing stuff.

Incidentally, today was my one year Steepster anniversiary. I’m quite surprised how far I’ve come in what seems like such a short space of time, tea wise particularly. I couldn’t have chosen a better tea to mark the day, I don’t think. Delicious and memorable. Yum!

Stephanie

I can’t wait to hear how this compares to the new Milkshake Oolong! Looking forward to your notes on it :) And happy anniversary! :D

congratulations darling! It’s wonderful to see so many of us celebrating this year heh

Comments

Stephanie

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK