drank Candy Corn Black Tea by 52teas

Had this a couple of times now, usually in the early evening, and it’s just great. I like that there are actual pieces of candy corn in the dry mix, because they really do seem to enhance the flavour. I was a bit sceptical about how well they’d “melt” at first, as some of them are pretty big, but they do seem to disintergrate fairly readily in freshly boiling water.

Otherwise, there isn’t much to say about the flavour — it’s candy corn! Perfect, liquid candy corn. I tried a small piece from the bag beforehand so I’d be able to judge accurately (candy corn is pretty hard to come by in the UK, and it’s been a while since I tasted it), and it really is spot on. I think this might have something to do with the fact that there’s actual candy corn melted into the water, but I tried my second cup without, and the taste is still there, so there must be some pretty awesome flavouring added anyway. As ever, the black base is lovely — neither too strong, nor too weak, and not a hint of astringency. No complaints here — this is just a great halloween/fall tea, and I’ll happily finish off my pouch (probably long before I really want it to be gone). Great stuff.

JennyFur

I’m curious about this, but candy corn is something I eat once a year just because I feel like I should, so I doubt the tea would be any better. Its such a Halloween-y flavor though and thats my favorite holiday, but I don’t know if thats enough to make me purchase anything.

Comments

JennyFur

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 26, and I live in Norfolk in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norfolk, UK