drank S'mores Genmaicha by 52teas

On the fourth day of Christmas, 52 Teas gave to me…S’Mores Genmaicha!

Yaaaay! One I’ve not tried before, and don’t have lurking in my stash! I’ve had one cup of S’Mores Chai, as far as I can recall, but I’ve not as yet tried this. The dry leaf is encouraging, and smells very chocolatey, and there are pieces of rice, popcorn, chocolate and marshmallow among the green tea base. Should be good!

In practice, this isn’t quite as great as I wanted it to be. The toasty, almost burnt flavour of the genmaicha comes over first, and then the chocolate slowly starts to develop. The green tea emerges in the aftertaste, but that’s about all there is to the flavour. I’m not getting much of a sweet kick, or any marshmallow, and so I’m not put particularly in mind of a s’more. In this respect, S’Mores Chai did a better job. It’s by no means bad – I just wanted more of the ingerdients to come over in the flavour, and probably less strength on the genmaicha front. I’m getting toasty, like a s’more, but there just not enough follow up flavour to really convince me. I’m glad to have had the opportunity to try this, though, because I’d always have wondered.

moraiwe

Yeah. I ended up deciding this was a good genmaicha, but not a good genmaicha that was supposed to be reminiscent of s’mores.

Comments

moraiwe

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK