On the eighth day of Christmas, Della Terra gave to me…Eight Candles!

This is one I’ve been wanting to try since last year, so I was really, really pleased to find it in the 12 Days of Christmas box this morning. I brewed it up straight away, and wasn’t the slightest bit disappointed. First off, the dry mix is just so pretty. Blue star sprinkes, gold balls, pieces of caramel, mini marshmallows…there’s just so much going on, it’s lovely.

I gave it 3.5, nearly 4 minutes, and drank it without milk so that the golden sparkles could shimmer prettily in my cup. Both the caramel and the marshmallow can be clearly tasted, and there’s a generic sugary sweetness lurking in the background, too. The black tea base is beautiful and smooth, strong enough to drink happily without milk, while not overwhelming the flavouring. I’m glad there’s enough for another few cups left, because this might well become one of my favourite caramel teas. It is very sweet, so it’s not one I’d want to drink all the time, but as an indulgent treat it’s absolutely perfect! I’m glad I finally got the opportunity to try this one.

JennyFur

It was one of the first teas I had fro della terra and it sold me on them completely. Love that tea an djust bought more black Friday.

Starfevre

I love this one but it always makes me feel guilty to drink it because of the real marshmallows.

Comments

JennyFur

Starfevre

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK