drank White Winter by Della Terra

On the ninth day of Christmas, Della Terra gave to me…Winter White!

I was a little confused by this one at first. The leaves look so dark in the pouch, I was convinced it was going to be a black tea. Surprise, then, as I read the card. This one does brew up remarkably dark for a while tea, but you can tell that’s what it is upon tasting. I’m glad I stuck to a short brew time, as the base is slightly astringent. Maybe my water was still a touch too hot, but I can work on that for future cups.

Base aside, the flavour here is brilliant. I can taste white chocolate and coconut clearly, and there’s a hint of creaminess swirling around, too. I like that the teas in this box have been really well flavoured. One of the things that annoys me most about flavoured tea is weak flavourings, but that’s something that Della Terra seem to be able to avoid really well.

Anyway, this tea is a little different from the normal run of Christmas teas, which all seem to feature cinnamon, so it was a welcome find in the box today. One I’ll definitely return to!

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK