On the twelfth day of Christmas, Della Terra gave to me…Figgy Pudding!

I didn’t get chance to drink this one yesterday, so I’m a bit belated with this note. It made for a wonderful breakfast treat this morning, though! I’ve not had a fig tea before, I don’t think, although figs are something I’m really fond of. I was making ice cream this morning while brewing this, so it had a good 4 minutes to brew. I added a splash of milk because the liquor was pretty dark by that point.

It works really well, I think. I almost want to say that this is my favourite tea from the box, but I’d have to go back and think about the others first — I feel like I’ve forgotten a few when making that assertion! It’s one of my favourites, let’s say. The fig flavour is strong, rich and heady. There is something puddingy about this, and it does put me in mind of Christmas pudding, in an odd sort of way. Texture and mouthfeel, I suppose. I love the flavour of warm fig here, though. It’s makes for a really fabulous, and slightly unusual, Christmas tea. A welcome break from heavily spiced blends, too! This is one I really would consider keeping in my cupboard around Christmas — it’s not one I’m going to forget in a hurry, that’s for sure!

sounds wonderful!

Comments

sounds wonderful!

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK