Another Butiki sample I’ve been saving for a day when I’d have time to appreciate it. Today is still that day, apparently! While brewing, this one smells deliciously like an almond sugar cookie, or a biscotti. It’s sweet, biscuitty, with the mild, nutty, marzipan scent of almonds. It’s also another of those rare dessert teas that actually taste like they smell. On first sip, I can taste almonds. They’re reasonably delicate, but definitely there. A sweetness slowly develops, making me think of a biscuit or a cookie — something bakey, anyway. It’s possible to taste the black tea base at the end of the sip, but this is something I like. It is tea, after all, and it’s a nice counterpoint to the flavouring. It’s like drinking a cup of fine black tea and eating a sugar cookie alongside, only without the calories. Another one I’d definitely consider repurchasing — fantastic flavouring and a great choice for drinking without milk or sugar.

JustJames

i love this one….. very nostalgic. =0)

Comments

JustJames

i love this one….. very nostalgic. =0)

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 26, and I live in Norfolk in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norfolk, UK