Another Butiki sample. I’m working through them pretty well now after they sat neglected for a while! I really did want to save them until I could enjoy them, though!

This is probably my favourite of the guayusa samples I’ve tried so far. The vanilla is the first thing I can taste, and it melds perfectly with the mint to form a lovely creamy taste. I get hints of lavander in the aftertaste, but it’s not strong. That’s probably a good thing as far as I’m concerned, as I’m not over keen on heavily floral teas. The guayusa is almost undetectable. I have a bag of Good Morning Sunshine in my stash at the moment, but this is another I’d keep around for times when I need a good wake up tea. The flavour is softer and more gentle than some of the other guayusa blends I’ve tried, but the properties of the base tea remain the same. I love this one — definitely one of the best vanilla-mint teas I’ve tried in a long time.

Fjellrev

It’s my favourite too!

Comments

Fjellrev

It’s my favourite too!

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK