I’ve had a couple of cups of this one today, so it seems strange that I can’t quite define what I’ve tasted. Today was a fustrating day at work, so I guess I wasn’t really concentrating on what I was drinking that well. I’ll go with what I remember, though.

Mostly, this tasted like a gentle, vegetal green to me. Very light notes of asparagus, maybe? A little grassiness? I did find it very slightly astringent as it cooled, although I did check the water with a thermometer, so I’m not sure why that’s happening. A tad too much leaf, maybe? I’ll try and do better next time.

I enjoyed this as a refreshing green, but I can’t say it’s one that particularly stood out for me. Possibly I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to do it justice. One to reconsider, I think!

Flavors: Asparagus, Grass

165 °F / 73 °C 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK