The second last of my samples from Shmiracles. I’m glad I saved the majority of these, because I know I’m better at brewing teas — especially oolongs and greens — now than I was last year. I’ve learnt from my mistakes! I was surprised how strong the tropical fruit scent was upon opening this pouch. I’ve come to expect quite subtle flavours from European teas in general.

To taste, this is reassuringly subtle. I was hoping the tropical fruit flavouring wouldn’t become too artificial tasting, and it hasn’t. It’s a little generic , but not terrible. It tastes to me mostly of sweeter tropical fruits — pineapple, maybe lychee, kiwi? A bit of peppery mango would have been nice to offset some of that, but it’s pleasant either way. The description mentions that this is floral — I got a little of that in the aftertaste, but it’s not overwhelming. The fruitiness is definitely front and centre.

As for the base, if I hadn’t known it was an oolong, I probably wouldn’t have been able to tell. It’s unobtrusive, making itself known only in the aftertaste. It’s delicate, sweet, slightly floral. It complements the fruit flavouring perfectly, and is light and palatable like a green.

A very pleasant tea to have tried, and perfect for a warm spring Saturday. Thanks to Shmiracles for giving me the chance to try this one!

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK