I have a pouch of this from when it was called Monkey Bread, and a pouch of Cinnamon Bun. Today I’m drinking the older of the two — the Monkey Bread. I added 1 tsp of leaf to boiling water, and gave it approximately 3.5 minutes. It brews up a fairly light golden brown, and so I went without additions. I’m glad of that, because I think milk and sugar might have obscured the wonderful yoghurty notes I’m getting from this. That alone puts me in mind of a cinnamon bun drizzled with yoghurt/cream cheese icing. The fact that there’s a big smack of cinnamon helps too, obviously! Cinnamon is the main flavour, as would be expected, but there’s a good dose of chai-style spicing, too. It’s not too heavy, though — it reminds me of the spice you might find in a banana loaf cake, or something like that. Not the main flavour, nor intended to be, but a firm background note. With the chai, icing, and cinnamon notes taken together, this is like cake and tea complete! A seriously good dessert replacement! I’m glad I have two sample pouches now — I can save one for autumn/winter, when this will definitely come into its own!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 26, and I live in Norfolk in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norfolk, UK