drank The Earl of Lemon by DAVIDsTEA

A sample from ashleyelizabeth. I thought I’d logged this one, but apparently not! I’ve been experimenting with leaf and brew time for a few days, because somehow I just can’t seem to get this one quite right. *ashleyelizabeth*’s recommendation was for 1.5tsp of leaf in 98 degree water for 3-4 minutes. Unfortunately, I get a fairly astringent brew with little lemon or earl grey flavour when brewed this way. I cooled the water more and shortened the brew time, and that helped a little — 170 degree water for 3 minutes is where I found this most to my liking. There’s a light lemon flavour and a light creaminess, maybe the tiniest hint of earl grey. Sadly, this one isn’t really doing it for me. I’d try it again in the future if I got chance, though.

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Hi :) I’m Sarah, 25, and I live in Norwich in the UK. My tea obsession began when a friend introduced me to Teapigs a good few years ago now. Since then, I’ve been insatiable. Steepster introduced me to a world of tea I never knew existed, and my goal is now to TRY ALL THE TEAS. Or most of them, anyway.

My rating system:

91-100: The Holy Grail. Flawless teas I will never forget.

81-90: Outstanding. Pretty much perfection, and happiness in a cup.

71-80: Amazing. A tea to savour, and one I’ll keep coming back to.

61-70: Very good. The majority of things are as they should be. A pleasing cup.

51-60: Good. Not outstanding, but has merit.

31-40: Almost enjoyable, but something about it is not for me.

0-10: Ugh. No. Never again. To me, undrinkable.

Norwich, UK