drank Vanilla Chai by Bigelow

I bought this tea because my nephew Brennan said it was good and he thought I would like it. I was eager to cup this despite it being at least partially artificially flavored.

In my first cup I added a little skim milk. To be honest, even the small amount of milk seemed to hide flavors, although I thought I tasted vanilla and other Chai spices. My second cup was steeped without milk, per info below. I did taste a decent black tea base, vanilla & cinnamon, and perhaps cardamon in the background.

It was a decent cup of tea, but I did taste the artificial flavoring in this blend and it really distracted me, & disappointed me-even though I was expecting it. :// Hopefully, this tea will be better cold brewed.

Cupped & Reviewed: Thursday, July 19, 2012.

Lynne-tea

Hope it’s better cold brewed for you =)

ScottTeaMan

This is the tea my nephew liked. It’s a decent tea. I plan on cold brewing it tonight, and maybe post another cold brew review this weekend or early next week.

Aiko

Haha, I have a ton of that stuff somewhere I don’t know what to do with. Even back before I discovered loose tea it was too artificially-flavored for my liking. I never thought to try cold-brewing it though, hm.

Comments

Lynne-tea

Hope it’s better cold brewed for you =)

ScottTeaMan