drank Tartary Buckwheat by Puripan

The dry aroma of this tea was very nutty. I just dumped the sample in my Bonjour glass tea press and poured near boiling water (approx. 8 oz) over the tea for 1 min. Could smell nuttiness of wet buckwheat, but when I stuck my face in the press and inhaed the aroma it smelled like ashes! I thought of an astray and ashes. Could someone tell me why I kept inhaling the wet ash aroma? Why?….several times….why? I think initially I was in sensory disbelief!

The color of the brew was a medium, translucent yellow, similar to that of Chamomile. The cup had a nutty aroma, and the one minute steep led to a hearty, nutty, naturally sweet flavor. The nutty sweetness was delicious! So clean and refreshing. The second steep was better at 1.5 minutes, showcasing a slightly nuttier and sweeter flavor. The third and final steep at 3 min. was still very good, even though the nutty sweetness had dissipated somewhat. This tea was never bitter, which is a plus for me.

Definitely a very nice tea experience (minus the ashiness of the wet aroma). I would order, as this is a great, relaxing brew before my nightly slumber.

Thank you Anna! :))

Cupped Tue, 11-01-11

Reviewed Tue, 11-15-11

TeaBrat

buckwheat tea? very interesting!

ScottTeaMan

It was really good…but I only had a small sample.

Anna Vu

I’m glad you enjoyed! I love adding it to green tea and making my own custom blends!

ScottTeaMan

Hhmmm….that sounds interesting too!