drank Malted ChocoMaté by 52teas

I’ve decided I’m going to make it a 52teas/mysweethoneybush/man teas week-end .. So after a breakfast of Monkey Fart, I moved on to Malted ChocoMate for my after-lunch/noon-time beverage ..

I’m writing this after my third cup .. The first was drunk with a dash of milk; the second a teaspoon of sugar (no milk); and the third had both, which is definitely how I prefer it .. Oh and the third was made with all fresh leaves as someone had cleaned out my teapot .. Unfortunately I just couldn’t appreciate it without something extra to boost the flavour ..

I think I’m in the minority on this one, but I find there’s no-where near as much chocolate as I would like .. And the malt, while more obvious as it cooled off, was actually more of an after-taste ..

It smells fantastic both dry and in the cup, but I’m afraid it just isn’t delivering what I expected, or more importantly what I was wanting from it ..

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

For many years I only drank coffee, and the occasional herbal tisane .. But eventually I got sick of people complaining that I had no ‘real tea’ in the house so I bought a box of cheap tea bags and remembered WHY I didn’t drink the stuff!

And so life went on until the day an English friend invited me to visit her home .. She made us a pot of (loose leaf) Earl Grey to enjoy in the garden – and finally I’d found a Tea that I truly wanted to drink!

Now-a-days my favourite alternates between home-made Masala Chai, Lady Grey with a few extra drops of Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Dessert Flavoured Blacks, and my latest interest is Dragon Peal Jasmine ..

any less = I wouldn’t drink it again
70 – 80 = Nice, but there’s better
80 – 90 = Mmm, Yummy Stuff ..
90 – 100 = Unique, Stand-Outs, & Can Not Be Withouts!

New Zealand