drank Iyemon Cha by Suntory

Iyemoncha seems to be quite popular in Japan, produced in a certain tea garden in the Kyoto prefecture (Unfortunately, I was unable to read the name of this garden), and possible to buy almost everywhere in its cold, bottled form.

I feel however that there is a limit to how good a tea can taste when bottled and iced this way. The taste is not what I would call bad, but has notable signs of “wasted” quality and did not really meet the expectations I had.

After trying the hot version and getting a somewhat better taste from it, I feel that the best way to drink this tea is to buy the leaves themselves and make it at home.

Tea grew to be one of my major hobbies for about two years ago, and I have been able to taste a lot of different brands. Unfortunately, most of the local stores I use and the ones I encountered while in Japan, are not registered here yet, but I will do my best to register them – in time.

As I once again will be having the honour of staying in Japan for about one year from September 2010, I would like to keep track of the teas I discover, the names, taste and so on.

Norway