drank Boston Blend by Harney & Sons

I live in Boston, so naturally I had to pick up a can of Harney & Sons Boston. It’s good: a fruity black in the same general spirit of Paris and Tower of London. The sweetness in this blend is in part due to a smidgeon of vanilla, so there is more overlap with Paris, though the flavor is definitely different.

There are clear similarities between all of the fruit-scented teas chez H&S, above all, that most of them appear to use the same black tea base. This becomes especially apparent upon examining the spent leaves. Plus the liquors all brew up dark amber colored.

Well, I like this one too! I expect that eventually I’ll work my way through their entire collection. High-quality flavored teas are especially appealing to me in wintertime, served with cream as a cold weather comfort beverage. It’s nice to have so many choices. I doubt that I’m alone in having first encountered black currant tea as a flavored black. I recall that at one period in my life I tended to have a tin of Twinings Blackcurrant around. Not anymore, but I’ll have to try the Harney & Sons version at some point.

Flavors: Berries, Nuts, Vanilla

A long-time tea and perfume lover, I have recently begun to explore the intersections between the two at my blog: http://salondeparfum-sherapop.blogspot.com//

I participate at fragrance community websites, and I care about tea as much as perfume, so why not belong to Steepster as well?

A few words about my ratings. In assessing both teas and perfumes, my evaluation is “all things considered.” Teas do not differ very much in price (relative to perfumes or any luxury items), so I do not usually consider the price when rating a tea.

What I do consider is how the particular tea compares to teas of its own type. So I might give a high rating to a fine herbal infusion even though I would never say that it is my favorite TEA. But if it’s good for what it is, then it deserves a high rating. There is no point in wishing that a chamomile blend was an Assam or a sencha tea!

Any rating below 50 means that I find the liquid less desirable to drink than plain water. I may or may not finish the cup, depending upon how thirsty I am and whether there is another hot beverage or (in summertime) a source of fresh water available.

From 50 to 60 indicates that, while potable, the tea is not one which I would buy or repurchase, if I already made the mistake (I have learned) of purchasing it.

From 60 to 70 means that the tea is drinkable but I have criticisms of some sort, and I probably would not purchase or repurchase the tea as I can think of obvious alternatives which would be better.

From 70 to 80 is a solid brew which I would purchase again.

From 80 to 90 is good stuff, and I probably need to have some ready at hand in my humble abode.

From 90 to 100 is a tea (or infusion) which I have come to depend on and look forward to imbibing again and again—if possible!

If you are interested in perfume, you might like my 2300+ perfume reviews, most of which have been archived at sherapop’s sillage (essentially my perfumelog):

Somerville, Massachusetts, USA