In an attempt to warm up my heat-less house yesterday, I whipped up a big batch of pumpkin-rice-coconut milk pudding, which requires baking for an hour or so. It also tastes delicious. I add a liberal amount of pumpkin pie spice and extra ground ginger, in addition to brown sugar. This time I used palm sugar from Thailand because I could not find my molasses brown sugar.

The perfect tea accompaniment to my pumpkin comfort food is … drum roll … Harney & Sons Green Tea with Thai Flavors. Who am I kidding? This tea is the perfect accompaniment to nearly anything, provided only that one enjoys the rich flavor of coconut, which I obviously do! Coconut ranks way up there with salmon, eggs, and bananas, among the rare foods which ALWAYS elevate my mood. I wonder what the explanation of that is?

TeaBrat

my boyfriend hates the taste of coconut, I don’t get it!

TheTeaFairy

Ah, good to know, I’m a HUGE fan of anything coconut but in tea, I find it often has a waxy taste that I dislike. I almost bought it last time I ordered from HS but wasn’t quite sure about the “thai” flavour. Now that I know it’s mostly coconut, I will add it to the wish list!

sherapop

TeaBrat: I have no idea how anyone could not love and even crave coconut!

sherapop

TheTeaFairy: no oil slick or waxiness whatsoever in this blend, which I heartily recommend!

Comments

TeaBrat

my boyfriend hates the taste of coconut, I don’t get it!

TheTeaFairy

sherapop

TeaBrat: I have no idea how anyone could not love and even crave coconut!

sherapop

Update: 28 September 2014.

I am officially going on strike. You have lost another contributor, Steepster. Two months is too long to endure total site dysfunctionality. I’ll be writing about tea-related matters at a new blog, sherapop’s tea leaves, from here on out. I cannot waste any more time here.

Désolée.
-——————————————-

A long-time tea and perfume lover, I have recently begun to explore the intersections between the two at my blog: http://salondeparfum-sherapop.blogspot.com//

I participate at fragrance community websites, and I care about tea as much as perfume, so why not belong to Steepster as well?

A few words about my ratings. In assessing both teas and perfumes, my evaluation is “all things considered.” Teas do not differ very much in price (relative to perfumes or any luxury items), so I do not usually consider the price when rating a tea.

What I do consider is how the particular tea compares to teas of its own type. So I might give a high rating to a fine herbal infusion even though I would never say that it is my favorite TEA. But if it’s good for what it is, then it deserves a high rating. There is no point in wishing that a chamomile blend was an Assam or a sencha tea!

Any rating below 50 means that I find the liquid less desirable to drink than plain water. I may or may not finish the cup, depending upon how thirsty I am and whether there is another hot beverage or (in summertime) a source of fresh water available.

From 50 to 60 indicates that, while potable, the tea is not one which I would buy or repurchase, if I already made the mistake (I have learned) of purchasing it.

From 60 to 70 means that the tea is drinkable but I have criticisms of some sort, and I probably would not purchase or repurchase the tea as I can think of obvious alternatives which would be better.

From 70 to 80 is a solid brew which I would purchase again.

From 80 to 90 is good stuff, and I probably need to have some ready at hand in my humble abode.

From 90 to 100 is a tea (or infusion) which I have come to depend on and look forward to imbibing again and again—if possible!

If you are interested in perfume, you might like my 2300+ perfume reviews, most of which have been archived at sherapop’s sillage (essentially my perfumelog):

Somerville, Massachusetts, USA