Well, it turns out that I don’t have an oolong sensitivity after all. But it’s nice that I was given hope many months ago by this Adagio Zodiac Series blend, Leo. The base tea is oolong—it looks to be TQY, but it is buttressed with loads of other stuff. Not like the Teavana foody “trail mix” blends, but herbal infusion stuff, such as chamomile, safflower, orange peel, and what not.

It’s a nice and vibrant oolong blend. My tin was somewhat faulty—and I also happen to feel that this particular design precludes a hermetic seal even when fully functional—so I transferred what remains of my supply into a small (half pint) clamp jar. It presents a sort of kaleidoscopic image when one rotates the jar, what with all of the shapes and sizes and colors of leaves.

The liquor is orange, orange, orange! That’s the safflower talking there. This is one of only two safflower-heavy blends I’ve tried. In both cases, I find the flavor of the safflower to be very detectable and likable, in addition to unique. Really nothing else tastes like safflower.

I drank this two-cup glass pot (glass so that I could watch the oolong striptease), right after dinner. I had been wanting to brew up some oolong but was afraid that there would be too much caffeine, so I decided to go for this half herbal/half oolong blend. It’s good. I know of nothing else that tastes like this. The orange and the safflower are dominant flavors on top of the oolong, but if I concentrate, I also can perceive the chamomile.

185 °F / 85 °C 5 min, 0 sec 7 g 20 OZ / 591 ML

A long-time tea and perfume lover, I have recently begun to explore the intersections between the two at my blog: http://salondeparfum-sherapop.blogspot.com//

I participate at fragrance community websites, and I care about tea as much as perfume, so why not belong to Steepster as well?

A few words about my ratings. In assessing both teas and perfumes, my evaluation is “all things considered.” Teas do not differ very much in price (relative to perfumes or any luxury items), so I do not usually consider the price when rating a tea.

What I do consider is how the particular tea compares to teas of its own type. So I might give a high rating to a fine herbal infusion even though I would never say that it is my favorite TEA. But if it’s good for what it is, then it deserves a high rating. There is no point in wishing that a chamomile blend was an Assam or a sencha tea!

Any rating below 50 means that I find the liquid less desirable to drink than plain water. I may or may not finish the cup, depending upon how thirsty I am and whether there is another hot beverage or (in summertime) a source of fresh water available.

From 50 to 60 indicates that, while potable, the tea is not one which I would buy or repurchase, if I already made the mistake (I have learned) of purchasing it.

From 60 to 70 means that the tea is drinkable but I have criticisms of some sort, and I probably would not purchase or repurchase the tea as I can think of obvious alternatives which would be better.

From 70 to 80 is a solid brew which I would purchase again.

From 80 to 90 is good stuff, and I probably need to have some ready at hand in my humble abode.

From 90 to 100 is a tea (or infusion) which I have come to depend on and look forward to imbibing again and again—if possible!

If you are interested in perfume, you might like my 2300+ perfume reviews, most of which have been archived at sherapop’s sillage (essentially my perfumelog):

Somerville, Massachusetts, USA