The aroma of this is heavenly for melon lovers like me. Oddly enough, I love the flavor of melons and the aroma, but I don’t really enjoy eating them because I don’t like the texture, so this is a great tea for me to get my melon fix!

The White Peony tea pairs very well with the natural flavoring and the flowers. The aroma is very obviously of cantaloupes and cream. I decided to sweeten this tea with a bit of sugar, but found that I liked it more unsweetened where the mild vegetal qualities of the white tea still show through. I’ve never been a fan of fruit teas because it’s like drinking hot juice to me, which in most cases is really not an appealing concept, but this tea is wonderfully smooth and relaxing. The melon flavor is light enough that it doesn’t tread into “hot juice” territory for me and it manages to remain tea-tasting, crisp and light.

It’s not all that complex. It’s about what you’d expect from its namesake, but it delivers exactly what is promised. I can see why this tea is an award winner!

Flavors: Cream, Grass, Melon

I’m a dedicated student and practitioner of Gongfu Cha and you can almost always find me brewing my tea in a gaiwan. I tend to stick to straight teas and scented teas rather than flavored tea blends with lots of non-tea ingredients. I dabble in tisanes and blends from time to time though.

To me, tea offers a time of peace and reflection in solitude, or sharing and enjoyment with friends. It has become a huge part of my life lately.

Aside from tea, I’m a novelist and creator of all types. I love to cook, create music, write, draw, decorate, and do just about anything creative I can get my paws on. I’m a sandwich and sushi chef and an aspiring beverage artist.

I am really interested in Asian cultures and have a much deeper interest than my shameless love for anime and Japanese video games.

I’m a friend to animals of all kinds. I couldn’t live in a world without animals. Conserving and respecting them is very important to me.

But I am mostly here on Steepster to talk tea! Let’s enjoy the world of tea together!

Kansas City, USA