drank Cantaloupe and Cream by Butiki Teas

The aroma of this is heavenly for melon lovers like me. Oddly enough, I love the flavor of melons and the aroma, but I don’t really enjoy eating them because I don’t like the texture, so this is a great tea for me to get my melon fix!

The White Peony tea pairs very well with the natural flavoring and the flowers. The aroma is very obviously of cantaloupes and cream. I decided to sweeten this tea with a bit of sugar, but found that I liked it more unsweetened where the mild vegetal qualities of the white tea still show through. I’ve never been a fan of fruit teas because it’s like drinking hot juice to me, which in most cases is really not an appealing concept, but this tea is wonderfully smooth and relaxing. The melon flavor is light enough that it doesn’t tread into “hot juice” territory for me and it manages to remain tea-tasting, crisp and light.

It’s not all that complex. It’s about what you’d expect from its namesake, but it delivers exactly what is promised. I can see why this tea is an award winner!

Flavors: Cream, Grass, Melon

I’m a dedicated practitioner of Gongfu Cha and you can usually find me brewing my tea in a gaiwan. I tend to stick to straight teas and scented teas most often, though I dabble in tisanes and flavored blends sometimes. I use a Tokoname-ware kyusu for Japanese green teas and a chawan for matcha. I also have a small unglazed kyusu that I use for roasty teas like houjicha and genmaicha. I have a yixing pot seasoned with Yunnan red tea.

My favorite teas are Kenyan Silver Needle, Gui Fei, Da Hong Pao, Shan Lin Xi, WYMM Tea’s Mangnuo “Cane Tea”, Obubu Tea’s Sencha of the Autumn Moon, and Shang Tea’s Special Reserve Green.

To me, tea offers a time of peace and reflection in solitude, or sharing and enjoyment with friends. It has become a huge part of my life lately. I hold monthly tea gatherings at my home and run a Facebook page about tea called Lion Style Gongfu Tea: http://tinyurl.com/teawithlion

Aside from tea, I’m a creative person. I love to cook, create music, write fiction, draw, decorate, and do just about anything creative I can get my paws on. I also enjoy creating food and drink recipes.

I am really interested in Asian cultures in all aspects. I really love Japanese animation and video games as well.

I’m a friend to animals of all kinds. I couldn’t live in a world without animals. Conserving and respecting them is very important to me. I’m a lion at heart. :3

But I am mostly here on Steepster to talk tea! Let’s enjoy the world of tea together!

My Tea Ratings: