This tea is like the perfect party guest. It saunters into your mouth casually and says “Hey…I’m Chinese green tea…what’s up?” It’s not demanding; it mingles with the other guests without any legwork on your part, cleans up after itself all night, and doesn’t overstay its welcome.

In sum: not too grassy, not too nutty, not too creamy…not TOO anything. Perfectly balanced, very light and laid-back. A thoroughly inoffensive, if not quite charismatic, green tea.

22-year-old tea enthusiast (of course), attemping to try new things and expand my horizons. I use lots of slightly unusual, sometimes synesthetic words to describe tea, and normally it involves hand motions…online I will have to make do with scare quotes and odd punctuation. I am actually literate, I promise.

A note on my reviews: I try to be as descriptive as possible in the word portion of the reviews. I don’t think it counts as being entirely objective, but I try. The numbers, however, are a little more subjective. There are perfectly good teas that I may rate low in number because compared to what I normally like, it’s not deserving of a higher score. So perhaps more weight should be given to my words than my numbers.

“Teaism is a cult founded on the adoration of the beautiful among the sordid facts of everyday existence. [It] is more than an idealization of the form of drinking; it is a religion of the art of life.”
-Okakura Kakuzo, ‘The Book of Tea’

Minneapolis, MN