drank Assam Gold by The Tea Merchant

YAY for samples of new tea in the mail! So yesterday my two samples from the Tea Merchant arrived – the perfect ending to a very long day! I love the wax seal on the packaging, honestly the simple things make the difference. I also have to say, I also really like the labels on the bags. The colours and information work well for me.

So, on to the tea! I chose this one and Yunnan’s Fable more because I haven’t yet had a golden assam and because my experience with Pu-erh has been limited. I suppose i could have gone with two teas I KNEW i would like but I wanted to try something new.

I have to say the colour of this tea is really nice. I was sad to have to put it in my travel mug to take it to work. This tea works for me. I’m managed to burn my tongue twice now (no I don’t learn) trying to drink it! I don’t have any other experience with “assams” to be able to offer a comparision but I’d order this one again and try other teas from the Tea Merchant if that’s an answer :)

CupofTree

nice. I just discovered I like Assams too. I never learn about burning my mouth either.. has happened too many times. we just can’t help it ;p